For most of the girls, the idea of their own wedding starts to grow in their hearts and minds at an early age, and by the time they are ready to say “I do” to the love of their lives, they have envisioned how their wedding is going to be.
A beach wedding is always a great idea, and it’s a truly magic experience that allows you to celebrate this great day in contact with nature, the colors of sunset and a relaxed atmosphere. It also offers your guests the perfect excuse to take a weekend vacation, and in the best case scenario, discover a place they have never been before.
A destination wedding allows you to reduce your guest list considerably, since only the people that really love you will attend the event as it involves a larger expense. This will make your wedding more intimate, surrounded by your closest family and friends, which will allow you to spend your wedding budget more wisely.
Also, if you have family and friends scattered all over the planet, a beach wedding is perfect to reunite them on the most important day of your life while giving everyone a perfect vacation! Beach weddings are vacation weddings!
Things to consider while deciding for a beach wedding:
- Choose a beach destination with direct flights – the majority of your guests will thank you for this.
- Offer them hotel options and transfer services, so they can choose according to their needs and budget.
- Create a list of activities for them, or plan group tours so your guests can enjoy the destination you have chosen.
- Choose a great wedding planner. This subject is key if you want to have a worry free wedding on the beach. Trust their criteria and vendors, they will lead you through all the steps, and will always have a plan B and C, in case things go their own way and don’t work as planned. It is important that you feel they understand exactly what you want. Try to be precise and send pictures of what you envision.
- Choose a venue that adapts to your needs and budget, check if there is flexibility to hire your own vendors and wedding planner, and that they have an indoor plan B location, especially if you are choosing to have the Caribbean as your wedding location. Weather can be unpredictable. While signing any contract, make sure you read the fine print.
- Enjoy, relax and let go. If you want a beach destination wedding you are for sure a somewhat relaxed person, because you have to be able to delegate and trust.
- This is the only way you can enjoy your destination wedding: accept what comes, focus on the good stuff and flow. This day passes along really fast, so make the best of it and don’t pay too much attention to the small stuff, dance until the end, feet in the sand and have lots of fun!